Date:      Wed, 17 May 2006 17:18:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ludovit Koren <lk@tempest.sk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cluster solution

Hi,

I need help in designing of cluster solution based on FreeBSD. I tried
carp for switching IP addresses, it seems to work ok. The solution is
suitable for DNS, MTA, static web pages, web proxy and reverse proxy.

I didn't find anything quite suitable for dynamic web pages with PHP
and MySQL backend. I found just master and slave replication and
clustering in MySQL. There could be problem if master fails with
automatic promotion of slave to master and with the resynchronization
of database after recovery of master database.

Has anybody any experience with described setup. Howtos, pointers,
links about configuration and software solutions are very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

lk