Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:08:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "A. Karl Heller" <heller@daria.cdnow.com>
To:        matt@zigg.com (Matt Behrens)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, bwithrow@BayNetworks.COM, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, bwithrow@tuva.engeast.BayNetworks.COM
Subject:   Re: Testing result, 225Beta, oct 7th.

> On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > > 6) It seems like there should be a symlink "gawk" for "awk" since they are
> > > one in the same.  There is room for difference of opinion here, of course;-)

> > Why would anyone want to call it "gawk?" :-)

> To keep computers a male hobby? ;)

   Well, I asume it is because it is GNU's version of awk.

  Any time I install a GNU util on a system I will always place a "g" in
front of the name.  Of course, some people ask me what the heck "ggrep" is...

A. Karl Heller		| Midnight, on the water, I saw the ocean's daughter,
Senior Systems Engineer	| Walking on a wave's chicane
CDnow Inc.		| Staring as she called my name.
http://cdnow.com	| And I can't get it out of my head - ELO