Date:      Fri, 2 May 2003 20:00:17 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Ted Cabeen <secabeen@pobox.com>
Cc:        martin mcflysr <martin@mcflysr.kurgan.ru>
Subject:   Re: mailserver for 2,500 users on Intel platform

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 09:34:34AM -0700 I heard the voice of
Ted Cabeen, and lo! it spake thus:

> 2500 users is nothing.  You could do that on any machine bigger than
> 500Mhz with 256MB of memory without any problems.  Disk should be how
> ever much you think you'll need.  On average, each user will eat up
> about 5MB of disk space with POP accounts, and somewhat more with
> IMAP.

You're crazy   8-}

I've run that many users on a Pentium Pro 180 with 128 megs of RAM, on a
4 gig disk.

Of course, it was pretty full on disk space, but it was loafing along on
the rest.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net