Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:09:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dnelson@redwoodsoft.com (Dru Nelson)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: YP-like mySQL thing

> Another option, Luke Howard has worked on standardizing
> LDAP as a replacement for YP/Netinfo/NIS+/etc.
>
> I saw part of his talk, and it looks like it might go somewhere.
>
> There is an RFC for the Schema, I believe.

RFC 2307.

	http://info.internet.isi.edu:80/in-notes/rfc/files/rfc2307.txt

I have an implementation suitable for framing (under an nsswitch)
if anyone is interested in doing an nsswitch for FreeBSD, and will
donate the code back under BSD license.

I actually think I handle error cases better than Luke Howard.

Unfortunately, I was unable the attend Luke's Bay LISA talk due
to a prior commitment with the local Neighborhood Watch.  From
what I understand, it was rather opaque, except to people like me.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.