Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:07:25 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Paul Fardy <pdfardy@mac.com>, current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Junior Annoying Hacker Task

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:26:13PM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:

Hi Terry,

> Who is a GTK hacker?

I've done some GTK programs in the past.

>=20
> Does someone want to write a "registry editor" program?
>=20
> The point of the program would be to edit the "FreeBSD
> Registry", rc.conf, and make it look just like the Windows
> Registry in the editor, using "_" as the implied path
> component/terminal component (key) seperator.
>=20
> Then we can all be honest with ourselves that the only
> difference between it an the Windows Registry is that
> the Windows registry is accessible/modifiable from
> kernel mode, and the path component and key names.
>=20
Are you really serious about this? :) I've thought about that many
times, well, not with the registry paradigm, but some sort of graphical
admin tool based on GTK. I'm doing exams this week but may take a go at
it after I finish them.

Cheers,
--=20
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net