Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2017 22:13:41 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WLAN configuration GUI

El día lunes, abril 03, 2017 a las 10:04:43p. m. +0200, Polytropon escribió:

> On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 20:29:42 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > I run 12-CURRENT with very recent ports and I'm posting below a screen of
> > wpa_gui from the ports, which I do not use (I'm used to edit the file
> > wpa_supplicant.conf), but it seems that it is able at least to scan for
> > networks not defined in my file (the upper screen shows SSID from my
> > file to choose from). Just give it a try.
> >
> > http://www.unixarea.de/wpa_gui.png
>
> I get nothing comparable, just "empty list". Did you call
> the program via sudo? Do you have set any special device
> permission? Group memberships? Configuration settings?

No. I even have had to install it. I did as root:

# pkg install wpa_gui   (in my repo is it wpa_gui-2.6.txz)

and run as unpriv user from a xterm:

$ wpa_gui

and was a bit surprised about the GUI (some kind of Qt, I think)

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Aus "Nie wieder Krieg!" wurde "Nie wieder Krieg ohne Deutschlands Truppen"