Date:      Sun, 06 Sep 2009 14:31:19 +0200
From:      Mikael Bak <mikael@t-online.hu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Build kernel failure

Hi,

I have installed FreeBSD 7.2 on an old laptop. It's only for fun and
learning.

I wanted to make my console use full 1024x768, so I followed this howto:

http://kimklai.blogspot.com/2007/05/howto-freebsd-console-framebuffer.html

# make buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERICVESA
Gives me after quite long time this error message:

make: don't know how to make /usr/src/sys/sys/gdefs.h. Stop
*** Error code 2

Changes to GENERIC:

+options VESA
+options SC_PIXEL_MODE

-options SMP
-device apic
-device eisa

I would like to disable things I don't need, because the laptop is quite
old and slow and don't have too much RAM.

The laptop is an old Dell Latitude CPt C-series, 400MHz PII, 256 MB RAM,
6.5GB HDD.

If I succeed I will try to disable other thing in the kernel to optimize
even more. But perhaps I managed to disable somethig vital?

TIA,
Mikael