Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:30:21 +1100
From:      Mark van der Meulen <mark@fivenynes.com>
To:        Zeus Panchenko <zeus@ibs.dn.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vlanXXX vs ifXX.YY notation

Hi,

I have noticed net graph has issues with device that have a period in =
their name. Either that is the case or something similar.

I couldn=92t enable netflow on lagg0.X devices and I also couldn=92t use =
some of mpd's features(such as LAC) either. I believe there were other =
examples but those are the two that came to mind and they both use net =
graph - I couldn=92t work out why things would work on em0 or lagg0 but =
not on em0.X or lagg0.X and as i did some trawling through logs I saw =
something which suggested an issue with the names so I changed all my =
sub interfaces into =93vlan=94 interfaces and I was able to get full =
functionality in MPD and with net graph netflow.

Now that I have made the change, I would also say it is a much more =
manageable way of doing things as well.

Mark=20