Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2000 18:41:00 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        mi@privatelabs.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/19047: net/arpwatch patched to use tmpfile() instead of  mktemp()

mi@privatelabs.com wrote:

> On  9 Jun, sobomax@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> = Synopsis: net/arpwatch patched to use tmpfile() instead of mktemp()
> =
> = State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> = State-Changed-By: sobomax
> = State-Changed-When: Fri Jun 9 00:24:07 PDT 2000
> = State-Changed-Why:
> = Another patch committed. Anyway thanks for reporting and please in the future
> = try to be more cooperative and keep your ego under control.
> =
> = http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=19047
>
> I maintain, there was nothing wrong with my patch on any of the
> Operating Systems in scope.

Are you a new FreeBSD Security Officer? Sorry, but I do not remember anything
relevant committed into CVSROOT/access....

>  My earlier reference to my ego was
> to explain my reluctance to compromise in that particular case,
> not to admit a flaw in the patch.

Do you know the following old Russian saying:
"If several people told you that you are drunk then it is better to go sleep, even
if you absolutely sure that you are not" (translation may not be ideal, but you
should get my point).

-Maxim