Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:55:53 -0400
From:      grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: ZFS repeatable reboot 8.0-RC1

Happened again :) So some more notes...

Watched it this time, it jumped from about 29xMiB straight to 366MiB,
then hung and rebooted itself.

The first zpool import after reboot takes about a minute more than
the usual ten seconds to import. And uses up to maybe 125MiB instead
of maybe 40MiB. Could be ZFS fscking itself? Second and further
manual reboots are all normal speed and mem use.

The fs is fine, I can do all sorts of normal ops on it. Even rm -r
<that_dir>, ^C after a few seconds, and repeat ad nauseum until the
tree is removed. Only continuous rm -r reboots.

I have 1 more GiB RAM I can put in.

Sorry to break threads, I'm not on list.