Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:49:21 -0500
From:      "Rossen Raykov" <rraykov@sageian.com>
To:        <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: problem using sysinstall

Hi,

I'm not allowing remote root login anywhere!
I'm doing ssh admin_user_name followed by su to root from this account.

I'm curious for the answer of my second question:
Is it normal to receive the command prompt for an account without a shell in
/etc/passwd?

Also there ware lots of bugs in the bin distribution - top, telnet ... is
there a way/tool to reinstall those binaries remote.
It will be fine if all binaries are reinstalled.

Why I someone will do that?
Imagine a firewall on which you will not like to support any development
tools.
How you will upgrade the binaries if you don't have at least one more box
with the same OS?

Thanks,
Rossen