Date:      04 Oct 2004 21:57:37 -1000
From:      Gary Dunn <knowtree@aloha.com>
To:        Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cache error messages starting xfs

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 21:30, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 of October 2004 08:31, Gary Dunn wrote:
> > I copied the patch to /usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-FontServer
> > and ran make to unpack the tarball, then did patch <xfs_patch
> [snip]
> > Did I omit something obvious, are is there something else, dark and
> > sinister, at work here?
> Hm, perhaps :) You did just save the attachment and not copy-pasted it, right?

I wish it were so easy. I receive this mail at home. My FreeBSD boxes
are all at work (four servers, one workstation). My mail at work is
Exchange (bleh) which I read with Outlook Web Access web-based frontend.
It does not deal with attachments very well, so if I just forward your
message I cannot open the attachment at work. So I did cut-paste, as
text. But I thought patch was smart enough to deal with that. Anyway,
will follow your new procedure tomorrow.

Thanks!

--

Gary Dunn
knowtree@aloha.com