Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:47:57 -0700
From:      Sean Bruno <sbruno@miralink.com>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAM errors with NANOBSD

Sean Bruno wrote:
> I seem to be stumped by my latest issue with NANOBSD.
> I can't login to the console due to missing pam libs and such.  Any
> and all calls to sudo seem to be blowing up as well.  I can only
> assume that something from my build system is causing pam to be
> configured.  Even though I have explicitly set NO_PAM=YES in my
> NANOConf, I seem to be jamming up on pam.  If I remove the NO_PAM
> entry, I get the same failure.  So perhaps NO_PAM doesn't mean what I
> think it means?
>
> Anyone have a clue what the heck is going on here?

Here's an example from my last build.  The system seems to boot fine,
but then is completely useless at startup:

FreeBSD/i386 (Amnesiac) (ttyd0)

login: root
Aug 21 07:50:22  login: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_unix.so found
Aug 21 07:50:22  login: pam_start(): system error

--
Sean Bruno
MiraLink Corporation