Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:04:33 -0300 (ART)
From:      Maxi <meschoyez@efn.uncor.edu>
To:        Markus Stalder <universe@truemetal.org>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1-RELEASE on Acer 507T - install failures

Hi,

-> I'm trying to install 5.1-RELEASE on my Acer 507T notebook - without
-> success. I'm using the boot floppies for installation. As soon as
-> mfsroot was read and the kernel is booting the system just hangs after
-> the following output.
->
-> atapci0: <Intel PIIX4 UDMA33 controller> port 0x8000-0x800f at device
-> 7.1 on pci0
->
-> "boot" or "boot -v" made no difference in the output at this specific
-> point of the boot process. The notebook was running just fine with 4.4
-> to 4.7-STABLE.

I had the same problem. Look at the Acer database at

http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/

and looks for my notebook entry (507DX). There is the solution I found
to this problem.

Cheers,

    M@X     <M\
            / >