Date:      Thu, 07 Jan 1999 17:08:37 -0700
From:      Chris Tubutis <chris@tci.com>
To:        "N. R.R." <robalama@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape ftp problem

> and it downloaded the whole thing successfully.  However, when I went to
> uncompress it, the file was named:
>
> navigator-v45-export.x86-unknown-freebsd.tar

This is a feature; it's been uncompressed for you already.  Now, all you
need to do is untar it:

$ tar xvf nav*tar (assuming you have no other filenames that would get
caught by that).  I think this creates a subdirectory (if it doesn't, it
should) with the various files in it; cd into it, then RTFM.

ct