Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:01:30 -0700
From:      Oliver Iberien <oliver-forward@charter.net>
To:        Kris Anderson <ciscoaix@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FIXED Realplayer plugin not working after portupgrade

It went like this:

Install portdowngrade. I think this is how I did it.

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portdowngrade
make DEFAULT_CVS_SERVER=3D\=E2=80=9D:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.at.FreeBSD.org=
:/home/ncvs\=E2=80=9D=20
clean install

Then

portdowngrade linux-realplayer

will begin the process. Or you can specify the cvs server when invoking=20
portdowngrade:

portdowngrade -s:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs1.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs

All that is under the man page for portdowngrade.=20

portdowngrade then goes through the ports tree in reverse chronological ord=
er,=20
assigning a number to each one, and giving for each a little bit of the por=
t=20
description that also pops up in freshports.org (if you wanted more detail =
on=20
the old versions, look there). Once it gives you the first page of the list=
,=20
<spacebar> will give you a second page, <enter> will give you a prompt at=20
which you enter the number of the version to revert to. Once portdowngrade =
is=20
done,

portupgrade -f linux-realplayer

will install the version you specified. The man page concludes "that the ne=
xt

cvsup

will set the port back to its head revision!"