Date:      Tue, 09 Oct 2001 12:37:32 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Matt Busigin <solaris@midnightrealm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Message Passing

Matt Busigin wrote:
> For now, after looking at SVSV IPC, I am rewriting it so that the pointers
> are in the proc struct, and I am initialising them in kern_exec.c, but I
> am wishing/hoping there is a more elegant manner that I can do this
> completely in modules.

Look at the KNOTE() code that notes to the proc.  This mechanism
pretty much already exists, though no one has yet added support
for SVR4 message queues (it should be trivial) or arbitrary
messages (SVR4 shared memory or an mmaped file would end up
being the best transport).

Not to be a wet blanket, or anything -- I've often bemoaned the
lack of this kind of thing in FreeBSD.

-- Terry