Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 07:56:52 -0700
From:      "Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca Account)" <kulraj@bosa.ca>
To:        "Kutay Alper" <kootkraze@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Questions

[snip]

> > one of the bsd distributions. I was also wondering what were the
differences
> > between the 3 bsd distributions (freebsd, openbsd, and netbsd). I run a

[/snip]

Primary differences as I understand them are :

FreeBSD - ideal for x86 hardware, (good for rookies and pro's)
OpenBSD - added security consciousness, (can be daunting for first time
users)
NetBSD - multi platform support, (never tried it)

A little simplistic view but it works for me!

Regards,

Kulraj Gurm