Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:25:54 +0300
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@he.iki.fi>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        kenm@icarz.com
Subject:   Re: FBSD 5.2.CURRENT-p4 and mysqld problems

Julian Elischer wrote:

>hmmm but you don't see the 'hang' that he sees..

The application runs fine, even after I tell it to shut down, it keeps
going and going and going .... :-)
Obviously SIGKILL takes care of it, but shutting db engines with SIGKILL
might lower confidence in production systems.

>if you upgrade, be aware that it is now libpthread not libkse....

When I upgrade, how do I best approach the problem, if itīs mysql or
something in the library associated with delivering signals? I have not
patched mysql to use process scope threads so I suppose everything runs
system scope. Our in-house applications which also use threads, some
quite heavily, get SIGTERM just fine so my suspicion would be something
in mysql disagrees with the threads implementation in FreeBSD.

Pete