Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 15:23:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Weldon S Godfrey 3 <weldon@excelsus.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   idletime in login.conf

Hello,

I am running 2.2.5-RELEASE

I want to set a idletime logout a single account (or login class)

I placed in /etc/login.conf and ran cap_mkdb...I also tried placing a
.login_conf in the user directory.

The entry looked liked this

lgroup|Login group:idletime=20s:

and used "me" indtead of lgroup for .login_access

the user is set to login group "lgroup" in the master.passwd file and the
password database is recompiled (used the vipw command)

and it never logout after idle time exceeded

I tried 20s and 2m

Of course, I tried logging in and out each time.

Please send replies to me, I will summarize.

Thanks!
Weldon