Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:41:19 +0200
From:      "andre thomasson" <andre@krang.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   User comments: ipfw or ipfilter.

Hi all!

Im new at this, and this is my first contribution to this great =
mailinglist. :-)

My problem is that i really cant decide wich type of firewall i shall =
use, by reading this mailinglist, and the FreeBSD handbook i realize =
that Ipfw is some kind of defactostandard in the FreeBSD world.

But in otherhand, friend=B4s to me is pointing that IPFILTER is a better =
choice.
( yes i know that it depends on my ruleset how secure the firewalls  =
will be )
Im so confused, plese let me know your thoughts about this.

Thank you very much for your attention=20

/ Andre Thomasson aka Mempheria