Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 2000 11:30:53 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Karl Dietz <Karl.Dietz@triplan.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: License issues for putting anaglyph 3D OpenGL sample on FreeBSD cdrom

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 02:33:29PM +0200, Karl Dietz wrote:
> I made a port of anaglyph, a sample app that render 3D object in
> OpenGL for viewing with "colored glasses" (these red/blue glasses)
> The author grants permission to put source and binaries on a free
> media. As I asked him about putting this on a distribution CD that
> is sold he said:
>
> "No, source or binaries may not be distributed on a commercial media
>  without some "arrangement", generally a financial one to my benefit."
>
> I offered him a FreeBSD CD set, as an example of an arrangement.

I think that the general consensus has been that it is usually
difficult to handle this sort of thing, and that it is usually the loss
of the programmers who refuse to allow redistribution like this, more so
than the FreeBSD Project's.

--
Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> <will@FreeBSD.org>
GCS/E/S @d- s+:+ a--- C++ UB++++$ P+ L- E--- W+ N-- !o ?K w---