Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:30:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kvm question

Julian Elischer writes:
> As soon as someone modifies sysctl to work with KLD modules....
> that would be a reasonable suggestion
>
> On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> > > I ran into an interesting problem in the process of modifying
> > > "netstat" to understand the PF_NETGRAPH protocol family. "netstat"
> > > uses kvm_read(), etc. to read kernel symbols. However, this doesn't
> >
> > Don't do that.  Use sysctl, that's what it's there for.
> >
> > -GAWollman

Julian is of course correct... but Garrett you missed my point...

Forget netstat for a second. The question is simply, "I'm offering
to fix libkvm to understand KLD modules; is anybody interested?"

Whether libkvm should even exist in a perfect world (it shouldn't)
is an entirely different question. For now, we're stuck with it
until somebody changes *everything* to use sysctl instead.

-Archie