Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:00:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Barnhart <flaboy@gnv.fdt.net>
To:        Jason Portwood <jason@iac.net>
Cc:        "'Erin'" <Kahn@deadbbs.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Secondary BIND server.

This is the simplest way:

First set up a cron:

#update secondary dns info
1 0,12 * * *    /usr/local/sbin/update.virtuals

Second write the simple bash script, use whatever account@host.com you
wish, I use dist@ :

/usr/local/bin/scp dist@whatever.host.net:/etc/named.slaves.conf /etc/
exec /usr/sbin/ndc reload

no perl scripts, simple, effective.  I assume everyone has ssh.

JB