Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:59:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>, adrian@virginia.edu, jedi@best.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4 button logitech mouse

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> >> I believe he's talking about the Logitec TrackMan Marble FX. I wanted one
> >> but my purchesing guy got the regular Marble. Which is nice too.
> >>

> > I just bought one of the TrackMan Marble FXs, and X definately recognises
> > the fourth button.  Haven't found much of a use for it yet, but it does DO
> > something at least.  This is also the best trackball I've ever laid my
> > hands on (literally). :-)
>
> How does it recognize it?  As button 4?  Or as something else?

I believe it recognizes it as button 4, yes.  I use Afterstep
1.4.something and the button acts almost exactly like Button 1 (i.e.
changes focus of windows, pops up a menu on the desktop, etc.) but doesn't
perform any of the actions that Button 1 does (menu selections, etc).  It
does act differently when selecting text in an xterm, too.  Clicking
button 1 causes only text you drag across to be selected, button 2 pastes
it, button 3 selects lines and button 4 selects words (I think.. I'm not
at my machine right now).

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   (http://www.freebsd.org)                                         */