Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 10:39:54 +0100
From:      "Gallagher, Mick" <mick.gallagher@roke.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can I get BIND to use disk-based cache?

Hi All,

I've set up BIND to act as a caching only DNS server on my 3-4R FreeBSD box.

The problem is, it only seems to cache information in RAM; so cached
information doesn't survive a reboot, or even stopping/restarting BIND.

And so how can I persuade BIND to use a disk-based cache?

Or am I simply mad, and there's a good reason why BIND shouldn't work this
way?

As ever, many thanks in advance.

Mick Gallagher

----