Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 2015 22:12:12 +0200
From:      Edward Tomasz =?utf-8?Q?Napiera=C5=82a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Frank de Bot (lists)" <lists@searchy.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Reloading iscsi target, iscsi initiator panics

On 1015T2005, Frank de Bot (lists) wrote:
> Edward Tomasz NapieraƂa wrote:
> > On 1014T2316, Frank de Bot (lists) wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have a FreeBSD 10.2 server running as iSCSI target. Another FreeBSD
> >> 10.2 is an initiator and has several targets used.
> >>
> >> When I add a target and reload its config with 'service ctld reload',
> >> the FreeBSD initiator server panics. It's reproducable (I have a
> >> coredump, but I think it's clear what the problem is)
> >
> > How easy it is to reproduce, eg. does it happen about every time?
> > Could you paste the backtrace?
>
> The first time I didn't understand what happened, the second time I
> could relate it directly to the reloading of ctld on the iSCSI, within
> moments the server paniced.
>
> I got 2 backtraces:
>
> First one:

> cpuid = 1; softdep_deallocate_dependencies: got error 6 while accessing

This is the FFS on the initiator side panicing because the device it's
on went away.  The softupdates code can't handle that very well.

I have no idea why the devices went away and then reappeared, as visible
in the logs.  What has the changed in the ctl.conf?  Do you have any
iscsi-related sysctls set on the initiator side?