Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2004 02:47:06 -0500
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
To:        Graham Bentley <gbentley@uk2.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash Drives Sanity Check

> Does CF stand lots of read / write operations ?
>
> I read somewhere that it has quite low life
> expectancy ?

I can't help you out on much of the quest, but this part is generally
advertised when full specs are given for the card.  Often I see cards
looking in the neighbourhood of 100,000 lifetime read/writes expected.
 While this isn't much for a long-term solution, I'd expect you're
talking about using this solution for a non-permanent install.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.