Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:27:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   "Resetting" ports and pkg's?

Hi again list,

Is there some way to "reset" what my FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE O.S. "knows" about
what is currently installed?  I ask because a while back, I accidentally
deleted part of /usr/local/lib/ (in unlinking a directory).

Now, whenever I install a port or run `pkg_add -rf` something is always
wrong and indicated by an error message.  Help!  Thanks CC: me please...

PS - Is it as easy as just `rm -rf /var/db/pkg/` or just one directory?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services