Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:38:03 +0700 (JAVT)
From:      Mukti Arip <mukti@unpad.ac.id>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dial-in problem

Hi everyone!

I've just upgraded my OS to 2.2.7 Release (It was 2.2.5 Release). Under
2.2.5, everything about dial-in service was OK. But now, I have a really
big problem. :(

When my customer login to my machine (using his/her terminal program) and
then disconnect the link without typing "exit" command at the shell prompt
(in this case, the customers choose "hang up" command within their
terminal program), the "/bin/sh" process keeps running. So, when another
customer login to my machine using the same dial-in line, he/she will see
the shell prompt immediately, without prompted to enter his/her username
and password. It means, the second dialer will use the first dialer's
account.

FYI, the current configuration files (rc.serial, ttys, and gettytab) are
the one that came with FreeBSD distribution and have no different with old
configuration files.

My modem configuration are:
 - use hardware flow control (RTS/CTS)
 - CD asserted when connected
 - DTR asserted for operation, dropping DTR hangs up line
 - quiet mode
 - no command echo

I've tried to solve this problem using mgetty, but the result was zero.

So, how to solve this problem? Please help me, it's nightmare to me.

Sorry about my English. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Mukti Arip