Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:18:55 +0000
From:      "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        yuri@rawbw.com
Subject:   Re: Why Linux executable googleearth can't find proper libstdc++.so.6 ?

>Why I get these messages about GLIBCXX_3.4.9? Is it a bug in port? Or in
>package? Or in system?

>/etc/make.conf has the line, if that matters:
>OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=fc6

Yes, it does matter. This is a binary port, and the party that built
the binaries (Google) compiled them against a fairly recent libstdc++.
 You are trying to link these binaries with an older version of
libstdc++  in Fedora Core 6 which doesn't include the newer symbols,
and getting a symbol-version error.  Fedora Core 6 was released in
October 2006 and reached it's end-of-life in Dec. 2007.  Use a newer
Linux base port, preferably the newest that will work on your platform
and with your software.  If you've an older version of FreeBSD that
doesn't support the newer Linux base ports, then you'll have to
upgrade, or do some really nasty hacking.  This question is more
appropriate in the freebsd-ports or freebsd-emulation mailing lists.

b.