Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:04:01 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        'Carl Mooney' <wildsea@ntlworld.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: installing freeBSD

Hi Carl,

Yes, you can run FreeBSD alongside another OS.  You will need some free
space on the hard disk (or even better, get a new disk), and a set of CD's,
boot floppies, and easy access to the FreeBSD handbook, at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/index.html, which gives excellent details of
preparing your system, and installing FreeBSD.  You could also do a lot
worse than getting hold of a copy of The Complete FreeBSD, by Greg Lehey
(Walnut Creek, mail order from www.cdrom.com)

I'm sure once you get FreeBSD up and running, you'll love it!  Have fun!

Dan