Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:25:42 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        eric.boucher24@sympatico.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internet connexion

Boucher Eric wrote:

> Hi
>
> It's been now about 1 month (not at full time) that I try to log into
> the internet. I'm not really good with informatic and I try the best I
> can by reading the handbook to  log on. I did every step that is
> written, but it still don't work. I know that Unix-like systems are good
> systems, but they are also frustating to configure. I guess that's part
> of the game. Anyway, my new question goes like this :
>
> After typing        ppp        and then         dial isp (isp is the
> name I gave in ppp.conf), 2 messages appears.:

Show us your ppp.conf. Don't send the real one but copy it to a temp
file and change your password and username to x's and y's. Send the
modified file to the list.

When I started dialing out, I cd'ed to /etc/ppp and typed ppp -nat
myISP. This brought up the ppp menu and I typed dial to make it dial.
I had my username and password on the "set login" line.

Kent

> Warning isp : Configuration label not found
>
> and
>
> Warning dial : Failed 1
>
> I don't understand why it says that the configuration label is not
> found, because that's the name I gave in ppp.conf,  , after defaults.
>
> I use the version 3.4 of FreeBSD.
>
> I also want to know if the handbook is better than the book (from Walnut
> Creek) to configure my connexion and also how do I know wich version of
> PPP I'm using
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Eric

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html