Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:42:56 -0500
From:      Jonathan Pennington <john@coastalgeology.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccard ethernet/ weird!

I set the following it kernel and built it

options	  PNPBIOS
device	  sio
device	  ed
device	  card
device	  pcic0	at isa?

and it worked. pccard at ed0 io 0x300 irq 9, had signal traffic on lan
and internet. Added nameservers to resolv.conf and pinged internet
hosts. Then I went to my desktop, put cvsupit.tgz on a zip disk, put
it into the laptop, mounted and ran pkg_add. Suddenly, I looked up and
saw the LED on my hub was out again. Although it worked fine,
somewhere between pinging out to the internet and mounting the zip,
everything died. The only thing I can think of is that with the pcic0
card in polling mode, it was using the resources of ata1 (zip is
master on the second IDE drive). Any ideas?

-J
--
Jonathan Pennington		| http://coastalgeology.org
Site Manager			| Protection and stewardship