Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:20:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/30380: Maintainer update: devel/gengetopt (2.4)

Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 05:40:03AM -0700, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> > The following reply was made to PR ports/30380; it has been noted by GNATS.
> >
> > From: Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
> >
> >  could you also add the following line below USE_GMAKE,
> >
> >  MAKE_ARGS=      prefix=${PREFIX}
>
> Does this really need to be in MAKE_ARGS?  Does it not rather belong
> in MAKE_ENV?

no, using gmake, this doesn't work using MAKE_ENV. MAKE_ARGS does.

in fact, this hack allow you to build things for one destination and
to install them somewhere else (for installation tests for exemple).
I'll propose to make USE_GMAKE a dependency of GNU_CONFIGURE as well
as MAKE_ARGS+= prefix=${PREFIX} to make things working better...

see you.

Cyrille.
--
mailto:clefevre@citeweb.net