Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 11:52:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Viktor Lazlo <viktorlazlo@telus.net>
To:        Qaz Man <qazzox@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Access problems

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Qaz Man wrote:

> Hello All,
> I have a 20 Gig hard drive ( Maxtor) where there are
> two partitions ( first 8 gigs has Win 98 and the rest
> has Freebsd 4.4).
> Initially when the freebsd was installed, it was done
> in a machine which I no longer have.
> I need to get access to the files in my freebsd
> partition. How can I do it?
>
> Its a dual boot and I can get access to the Win 98
> partition, by just plugging it into any machine..
>
> I am new to freebsd, and still learning.

You don't say what you are dual booting--do you mean it was originally
dual-booting Windows and FreeBSD but that you reinstalled Windows on this
machine and wiped out the bootloader?

If this is the case, if you have the Fix-It CD or floppy you should be
able to launch Sysinstall to set the partition as bootable and reinstall
the bootloader.

Cheers,

Viktor