Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:03:49 -0800
From:      Patrick Mahan <PMahan@adaranet.com>
To:        Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: same function name in multiple archives - bad idea?

Anton,

I believe for ELF images the linker will stop looking after finding it, so =
the
order of -l<library> controls which one will be used.  If you want to see w=
hich
one was used during linking, use the ld options '-M -Map <mapfile> --cref' =
which
will create a map file with cross references.

Patrick