Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:18:51 -0700
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot build the Mips 32 bit kernel

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 16:15, M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
> In message: <4C76F4B6.5050607@adaranet.com>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Patrick Mahan <pmahan@adaranet.com> writes:
> : I have attached my modified OCTEON1-32 for you folks to look at.
>
> And the mailing list helpfully stripped it :(

What's going on here is that we use ISA_MIPS32 bogusly (using it at
all is bad enough, but...) namely we use it to determine whether to
link in the relevant bits of libkern.  I'm not sure what the best
thing to do is.  I've thought about creating a .c file that includes
the libkern bits depending on the ABI that's being used, so that we
can get config out of the business of handling this.

In short: your config probably lacks and should have (even though it's
actually wrong) options ISA_MIPS32.