Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:20:36 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Practical qurestion here..............

On Thu 1998-08-27 (19:47), William Woods wrote:
> That is a good chant...and I am sure it works.......unfortunately, I am NOT a
> programmer so.....guess I am screwed eh?

perl isn't a programming language, it's a religion :)

I'm sure if you send someone (me, maybe) a sample file, and your needs from
the data, they'll whip you up something.  If it's not incredibly private,
send a _short_ extract to the list, and that might work better (since it's
about to hit weekend and I probably wouldn't be able to reply.)

You'll probably need to learn how to use your printer in FreeBSD, too,
although using samba and printing via some Windows machine might be easier.

Check http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/printing.html for more details about
printing.

Neil
--