Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:58:18 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI/PCI-bus issue with compaq evo n160

> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:48:54 +0100
> From: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 03:12:53PM +0100, Fredrik Lindberg wrote:
>
> Excellent, thanks to Mauritz!
>
> Battery information leaves some stuff to be desired, at least on
> my N160:
>
> wkb@chuck ~: apm
> APM version: 1.2
> APM Management: Disabled
                  ^^^^^^^^
Glad to see that it works for you, but you probably want to add
apm_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf so that the APM emulation interface is
actually enabled. (I don't know if it will improve the reported data on
your system, but it was essential for my IBM and the Gnome battery
applet.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)