Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 12:49:06 -0400
From:      <lists@brenius.com>
To:        "Jean-Mark" <jeanmark@dupx.freeserve.co.uk>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mylex RAID to Asus Symbios SCSI Card

Jean-Mark wrote:
> Some questions im surprised noone else asked yet
>
> 1. Are you getting the fbsd booloader selection  (F1, F2 and so on)?

I am new to this part of FreeBSD, so I appreciate your help and patience :).
I think so, I have been able to do boot -c and boot -s from the boot> menu.

> 2.  if you are, can you hit spacebar then type  boot -c to load the
> module configuration screen before going into the full boot.  If you get
> this far you need to select /deselect  drivers  appropriately for the
> cards being swapped

Got into boot -c just now. How would I go about selecting/deselecting the
appropriate drivers?

> 3. once you've done that there are probably some  config  files  that
> need hand editing, but Ive never used RAID just ordinary SCSI.
> /etc/fstab should still look the same if it's still possible to keep the
> drives as they are without any kind of reinstall, dont know about
> anything, im just trying to throw up suggestions

Thanks, I appreciate it. Still stuck at the step above, so I`ll hold off on
this part for now.

> Also dont know if you'll be able to get this far from a normal boot or
> if you'll need the fixit floppy or something like that just to get into
> files onthe hdd to edit them

Got a link for the fixit floppy and how to use it? Lets say I somehow get the
drivers setup properly, would I still need the fixit route?

Regards,