Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:09:15 -0600
From:      Jay Hall <jhall@socket.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tty problem after upgrade to 8.0

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I completed the upgrade to FreeBSD 8.0 this afternoon and have an
error plaguing me that I cannot solve.

When the system is booted, I am receiving the following error.

Dec  5 20:43:30  getty[902]: open /dev/ttyd0: No such file or directory

However, when I run ps -ax | grep ttyd0, I see the following entry.

   902  ??  I      0:00.00 /usr/libexec/getty std.9600 ttyd0

I have a modem connected to cuau0 for dial-in purposes.  The /etc/ttys
file contains the following entry to allow for dial-in access.

# The 'dialup' keyword identifies dialin lines to login, fingerd etc.
ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   dialup  on

Thanks,

Jay