Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:32:11 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting coredumpsize on a running process?

--------------enig92789A1AFB892489F83E50F4

I have PHP executing as fastcgi via the mod_fcgid module in Apache. I
suspect there is a bug in PHP or one of its extensions which causes it
to crash with sigsegv, but I cannot get any coredumps. I suspect
something is setting coredumpsize to 0 - either Apache, mod_fcgid or PHP.=

So the question is: is there a way to set coredumpsize on a running
process, with the intention of getting a core dump when it crashes? I
already tried setting CoreDumpDirectory in Apache and also configuring
apache22limits_args in /etc/rc.conf but without effect.