Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:31:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0-20000307-CURRENT kern.flp keyboard probe questions

Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote to Ryan Thompson:

> At 09:19 PM 3/10/00 -0600, Ryan Thompson wrote:
> >Me as well...For at least a decade.  I used to do it manually all the
> >time, but had occasional glitches with funny scan codes and indicator
> >statuses.  With a mid-range priced switch, though, I have had no problems
> >whatsoever.
>
> The only glitches I ever see are with a mouse.  Tap me on the shoulder
> while my hand is on the mouse and it will seize.  For my use at home there
> isn't a need for a switch.  Could use one at times, but it's simple enough
> to swap around at need.

The old 2-button 9-pin $5 serial Dexxa mice were really fun.. I used to
buy the OEMs in bulk.  They were a comfy little mouse, but, shine direct
sunlight on them and the optical disc motion sensors wouldn't work.  The
cheap, thin plastic casing allowed light to shine through and confuse the
eye.

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Systems Administrator, Accounts

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2