Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 01:07:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      pirat sriyotha <makhamus@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   router

hi sirs,

apologize for asking a rather dumb question.

i have three machines connected via bnc lan card. and
they are all connected by coaxial cable.  the first
one is a gateway for the lan, sure it has a modem.
they are all powered by FreeBSD-4.4 stable.

with ppp -nat isp, i can access the Internet from any
of my machines.

now comes the problem. i have luckily additional
machine run by ME and the lan card nowaday is twisted
paired rj-45 connected.  i can't find any of coaxial
bnc connected lan card in my region.

so i install rj-45 lan card to my exsting lan at the
3rd machine and the new one.

i do not use a hub. but cross the signal line of cable
that connected the new segment.  so now my ne(o)twork
looks like this

FreeBSD(1){gateway}[bnc]--FreeBSD(2)[bnc]--FreeBSD(3)[bnc,rj-45]---ME[rj-45]

i have tried setting up firewall + natd at the 3rd
machine but it won't work.  i mean my previous network
can't see ME machine and ME machine can't access the
Internet.

that's all i have done.

my question is that what should i do in order to let
the ME machine being part of my network.

please cc to me since i do not subscribe to the list.

any helps or hints or suggestions would be
appreciated.

thanks in advance and apologize for my english.

with best regards,
psr