Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:47:36 -0500
From:      Jan Voelker <jan@janschatter.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   spam relay

All,

I think this is more freebsd related than just sendmail, but please forgive
if I'm wrong,

I have a server with virtual hosts  using freebsd 4.0 and sendmail 8.9.3

and find the server domain user mail flooded with messages , definitely
spam messages,

that appear to be relayed by "nobody@home.mydomain.com"

I put "nobody@home.mydomain.com 550" in /etc/mail/access and did makemap,

and this stops the emails. I'm not comfortable doing this even though it
works because as you can see,

I have a general idea what I want to do but, really dont know proper way to
handle this.

any advise would be great!

thanks

Jan