Date:      Mon, 9 May 2005 09:42:44 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Use PCMCIA instead of CardBus?

--nextPart2932666.8uZ8Vrb97J

I have an older laptop (AMS TravelTech w/ K6-3+/333) and a Microsoft MN-520=
=20
WLAN adapter.  I want to put FreeBSD on it, but I'm having a lot of trouble=
=20
with the card not being recognized after the infamous errors:

    CIS is too long -- truncating
    pccard0: Card has no functions!
    cbb0: PC Card card activation failed

The same setup can boot NetBSD and Linux to get full use of the card by=20
disabling the Cardbus drivers in favor of the PCMCIA ones (ie, by running=20
"config" on NetBSD and typing "disable cbb", or by building a custom Linux=
=20
kernel with the appropriate settings).  I can't seem to get the same=20
results from FreeBSD, though.  Any suggestions?
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser