Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:55:22 -0500
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Christian Peter Gruendemann <chris.chris@fhtw-berlin.de>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netgear Re: Reflections on the Sony Vaio F709 (F590K ?)

In message <Pine.SGI.4.21.0008230235220.24150-100000@oxid01.rz.fhtw-berlin.de>,
 Christian Peter Gruendemann wrote:
}
} Hi,
}
} Today, I tried to install Freebsd 4.0 on a Toshiba Satellite Pro
} 4360 notebook with a pcmcia
} NetGear FA410 network card. I didn't manage it, and I think the network
} card is not supported by FreeBSD 4.0 Release? The Netgear networkcard is
} also not mentioned in the handbook. So, The card won't work, right?

Newer versions of this card require some hackery to get working.  It does
work, but you have to run a seperate program to select speed and duplex
on the card.  Search the -mobile archives looking for fa_select and you
should find everything you need.

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com