Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:32:31 +0100 (MET)
From:      Helge Oldach <helge.oldach@atosorigin.com>
To:        e-masson@kisoft-services.com (Eric Masson)
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gre tunnel & ipsec transport mode

Eric Masson:
>I'm experimenting dynamic routing protocols in a vpn setup. Ipsec tunnel
>mode is not applicable here as selectors do not appear in system routing
>table.

I think the problem is that you need multicasts to exchange routing
updates through the tunnel. If I am not mistaken that is supported with
gif interfaces as well. Maybe you could do away with gif?

>On destination box, tcpdump shows incoming ipsec gre transformed
>packets, but these packets don't make their way to internal interface,
>and are silently dropped (no log anywhere)

This is odd. Do you have a chance to test this against another IPSec
box, e.g. a Cisco router configured with a GRE Tunnel interface?

Helge