Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:07:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Rudy Gireyev <rgireyev@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Ateeq A Altaf <A.A.Altaf-CSSE97@cs.bham.ac.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LS-120 floppy drives

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Rudy Gireyev wrote:

> I was actually considering writing such a driver, but I would need a
> lot of help from the driver-masters. I guess I am trying to gage the
> interst level in such a beast. Since I already know the pain level on
> my behalf will be high :-)

:-)  In that case contact hackers@freebsd.org and see if you can get
someone to help you.  You'll have to get the hardware spec for the
drive(s) you wish to support, but the ATAPI interface work has been done
for you.

It would be a good example on how to program other ATAPI modules, ie
tapes, ZIP/Jaz, etc....